from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, characteristic of, or causing an obsession: obsessive gambling.
- adj. Excessive in degree or nature: an obsessive need to win.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Prone to cause obsession
- adj. Having one thought or pursuing one activity to the absolute or nearly absolute exclusion of all others.
- adj. Excessive, as results from obsession.
- n. A person who is obsessed, who has an obsession
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by or constituting an obsession
- n. a person who has obsessions
obsess + -ive (Wiktionary)