from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in a state of ill health; sick.
- adj. Characterized by or symptomatic of ill health: an unhealthy pallor.
- adj. Causing or conducive to poor health; unwholesome: an unhealthy diet.
- adj. Harmful to character or moral health; corruptive: unhealthy reading material.
- adj. Characterized by or symptomatic of disturbed mental health: took an unhealthy interest in violence and fires.
- adj. Of a risky nature; dangerous: an unhealthy predicament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. characterized by, or conducive to poor health
- adj. sick or ill
- adj. tending to corrupt
- adj. characterized by disturbed mental health
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not healthy; lacking health; without vigor of growth; unsound: as, an unhealthy child; an unhealthy plant.
- Not promoting health; unhealthful; unwholesome; as, unhealthy habits or food.
- Not indicating health; resulting from bad health; morbid: as, an unhealthy sign or craving; an unhealthy appearance.
- Morally unhealthful: as, unhealthy literature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not conducive to good health
- adj. detrimental to health
- adj. not in or exhibiting good health in body or mind
Sorry, no etymologies found.