from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Uncertain as to outcome; risky; hazardous.
- adj. Random; haphazard.
- adj. Scots Lucky; propitious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. uncertain, risky, hazardous
- adj. subject to chance; random
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. depending on chance.
- adj. subject to accident or chance or change.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Uncertain; changeful.
- Fortunate; lucky; propitious; foreboding good: applied to either persons or things, and generally used with a negative in the sense of uncanny: thus, persons suspected of possessing magical arts are regarded as not (or no) chancy.
- Favorable; safe: as, a chancy wind: generally used with a negative: as, not chancy (that is, dangerous).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. subject to accident or chance or change
- adj. of uncertain outcome; especially fraught with risk
Sorry, no etymologies found.