from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Unsure of how to act or proceed; undecided.
- adj. Lacking in resolution; indecisive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Undecided or unsure how to act
- adj. Indecisive or lacking in resolution
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not resolute; not decided or determined; wavering; given to doubt or irresolution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not resolute or firm in purpose; unable to form a resolution; wavering; given to doubt or hesitation.
- Synonyms Vacillating, hesitating, undecided, unsettled, faltering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. uncertain how to act or proceed
c 1580, from French irrésolu or ir- + resolute (Wiktionary)