from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Abounding or rising in waves: a wavy sea.
- adj. Marked by or moving in a wavelike form or motion; sinuous.
- adj. Having curls, curves, or undulations: wavy hair.
- adj. Characteristic or suggestive of waves.
- adj. Wavering; unstable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Rising or swelling in waves.
- adj. Full of waves.
- adj. Moving to and fro; undulating.
- adj. Having wave-like shapes on its border or surface; waved.
- adj. Moving up and down relative to the surface; undulate.
- n. Alternative form of wavey (goose).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rising or swelling in waves; full of waves.
- adj. Playing to and fro; undulating.
- adj. Undulating on the border or surface; waved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abounding in waves.
- Undulating in movement or shape; waving: as, wavy hair.
- In botany, undulating on the border or on the surface. See cut under repand.
- In heraldry, same as undé.
- In entomology, presenting a series of horizontal curves: noting marks or margins. It is distinct from waved; but the two epithets are somewhat loosely used, and are sometimes interchanged.
- In zoology, undulating; sinuous; waved; having waved markings.
- n. See wavey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of hair) having waves
- adj. uneven by virtue of having wrinkles or waves
wave + -y (Wiktionary)
See wavey. (Wiktionary)