from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Thin and watery, as tea or soup; insipid.
- adj. Informal Lacking in strength of character or purpose; ineffective.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wavering; lacking in commitment, certainty, or support; namby-pamby.
- adj. Thin or watery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thin and pale; weak; without strength or substance; -- originally said of liquids. Fig., weak-minded; spiritless.
- n. A weak or thin drink or liquor; wish-wash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. weak in willpower, courage or vitality
Reduplication of washy, thin, watery, from wash.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)