from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or subject to whim; impulsive and unpredictable. See Synonyms at arbitrary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Impulsive and unpredictable; determined by chance, impulse, or whim
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Governed or characterized by caprice; apt to change suddenly; freakish; whimsical; changeable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by caprice; apt to change opinions suddenly, or to deviate from one's purpose; unsteady; changeable; fickle; subject to change or irregularity: as, a man of a capricious temper.
- Synonyms Freakish, unsteady, fanciful, whimsical, fitful, crotchety, uncertain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason
- adj. changeable
From French capricieux, from Italian capriccioso. (Wiktionary)