from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Irregularly notched, toothed, or indented: erose leaves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Irregularly notched, eaten away, as though bitten
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Irregular or uneven as if eaten or worn away.
- adj. Jagged or irregularly toothed, as if nibbled out or gnawed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Gnawed; having small irregular sinuses in the margin, as if gnawed: applied to a leaf, to an insect's wing, etc.
- See ærose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having an irregularly notched or toothed margin as though gnawed
From Latin ērōsus, past participle of ērōdere, to gnaw off; see erode.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)