from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acting or done with speed and efficiency. See Synonyms at fast1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Fast, prompt, speedy.
- adj. Completed or done with efficiency and speed; facilitating speed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessed of, or characterized by, expedition, or efficiency and rapidity in action; performed with, or acting with, expedition; quick; having celerity; speedily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Performed with celerity; quick; hasty; speedy: as, an expeditious march.
- Nimble; active; swift; acting with celerity: as, an expeditious messenger or runner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by speed and efficiency
expedite + -ous (Wiktionary)