from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Prudent and thrifty in management; not wasteful or extravagant. See Synonyms at sparing.
- adj. Intended to save money, as by efficient operation or elimination of unnecessary features; economic: an economical heating system; an economical approach to control of corporate growth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Careful with money so as not to spend too much; prudent; thrifty.
- adj. Relating to economy in any other sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as economic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth
- adj. using the minimum of time or resources necessary for effectiveness
- adj. avoiding waste
From economic + -al (Wiktionary)