from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Concerned with anatomy.
- adj. Concerned with dissection.
- adj. Related to the structure of an organism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to anatomy or dissection; as, the anatomic art; anatomical observations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to anatomy; according to the principles of anatomy; relating to the parts of the body when dissected or separated.
- Structural or morphological, as distinguished from functional or physiological: as, anatomical characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expression that relates to anatomy
- adj. of or relating to the structure of the body
- adj. of or relating to the branch of morphology that studies the structure of organisms
Latin anatomicus, Greek ἀνατομικός: compare with French anatomique. See anatomy. (Wiktionary)