from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Expressed or expressible as a quantity.
- adj. Of, relating to, or susceptible of measurement.
- adj. Of or relating to number or quantity.
- adj. Of or relating to a metrical system based on the duration of syllables rather than on stress. Used especially of classical Greek and Latin verse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a measurement based on some quantity or number rather than on some quality
- adj. Of a form of analysis that determines the amount of some element or compound in a sample
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to quantity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating or having regard to quantity or measurement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of verse) having a metric system based on relative duration of syllables
- adj. expressible as a quantity or relating to or susceptible of measurement
- adj. relating to the measurement of quantity
Medieval Latin quantitātīvus, from Latin quantitās, quantitāt-, quantity, from quantus, how great; see quantity.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)