from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, having, or characterized by structure: structural simplicity.
- adj. Affecting structure: structural damage.
- adj. Used in or necessary to building: structural beams.
- adj. Concerned with or resulting from political or especially economic structure.
- adj. Geology Of or relating to the structure of rocks and other aspects of the earth's crust.
- adj. Biology Of or relating to organic structure; morphological.
- adj. Relating to or concerned with systematic structure in a particular field of study, such as linguistics or the behavioral sciences.
- n. A part of a structure that bears a weight, or the structural piece used for such a part.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, or having structure
- adj. this sense?) Used in building.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to structure; affecting structure.
- adj. Of or pertaining to organit structure
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to structure; constructional.
- Concerned with structure or construction; constructive.
- In biology: Of or pertaining to structure; morphological: as, structural characters; structural peculiarities.
- Possessing or characterized by structure; structured; organized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concerned with systematic structure in a particular field of study
- adj. relating to or caused by structure, especially political or economic structure
- adj. affecting or involved in structure or construction
- adj. pertaining to geological structure
- adj. relating to or concerned with the morphology of plants and animals
- adj. relating to or having or characterized by structure
19th century; structure + -al (Wiktionary)