from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or conforming to the rules of syntax.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, related to or connected with syntax.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to syntax; according to the rules of syntax, or construction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Conjoined; fitted to each other.
- In grammar, pertaining or according to the rules of syntax or construction.
- n. A branch of mathematics including permutations, combinations, variations, the binomial theorem, and other doctrines relative to the number of ways of putting things together under given conditions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or conforming to the rules of syntax
Greek suntaktikos, putting together, from suntaktos, constructed, from suntassein, to construct; see syntax.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Greek σύνταξις ("a joining together, syntax"); see syntax. (Wiktionary)