from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to etymology or based on the principles of etymology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to etymology.
- adj. Consistent with its etymological characteristics (in historical usage and/or the source language).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to etymology, or the derivation of words.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. based on or belonging to etymology
etymology + -ical (Wiktionary)