from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Imitating or producing the effect or appearance of nature.
- adj. Of or in accordance with the doctrines of naturalism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the appearance of nature or realism; lifelike or realistic
- adj. of, or relating to philosophical or methodological naturalism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Belonging to the doctrines of naturalism.
- adj. Closely resembling nature; realistic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or in accordance with nature; natural; not formal, conventional, or conventionalized; hence, simulating or resembling nature: as, a naturalistic effect of light on the stage.
- Of, pertaining to, or based on naturalism in its philosophical or theological sense.
- In photography, said of a photograph in which the chief object is slightly out of focus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. representing what is real; not abstract or ideal
Sorry, no etymologies found.