from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Accurately representing real life: a lifelike statue. See Synonyms at graphic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a living being, resembling life, giving an accurate representation, as, a lifelike portrait.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a living being; resembling life; giving an accurate representation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Simulating or resembling life; giving the impression of real life: as, a lifelike portrait or narrative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. evoking lifelike images within the mind
- adj. free from artificiality
life + -like (Wiktionary)