from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Regardful of others; beneficent; unselfish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Regardful of others; beneficent; unselfish; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to altruism; regardful of others; having regard to the well-being or best interests of others: opposed to egoistic.
- Pertaining to that theory of ethics which regards altruism as the highest motive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing unselfish concern for the welfare of others
See altruism. (Wiktionary)