from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or marked by philanthropy; humanitarian.
- adj. Organized to provide humanitarian or charitable assistance: a philanthropic society. See Synonyms at benevolent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to philanthropy; characterized by philanthropy; loving or helping mankind; as, a philanthropic enterprise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to philanthropy; characterized by philanthropy; loving or helping mankind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to philanthropy; characterized by or springing from love of mankind; actuated by a desire to do good to one's fellows.
- Synonyms Benevolent, humane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. generous in assistance to the poor
- adj. of or relating to or characterized by philanthropy
Sorry, no etymologies found.