from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music One who plays an instrument.
- n. An advocate or a student of instrumentalism.
- adj. Of, relating to, or advocating instrumentalism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who plays a musical instrument, as distinguished from a vocalist
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who plays upon an instrument of music, as distinguished from a
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, a performer upon an instrument: opposed to vocalist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who plays a musical instrument (as a profession)
Sorry, no etymologies found.