from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A storyteller, especially a person noted for telling stories with skill and wit.
- v. To make witty remarks or stories.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A relater; a storyteller.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A story-teller; a person given to or skilled in relating anecdotes, recounting adventures, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person skilled in telling anecdotes
French, from raconter, to relate, from Old French : re-, re- + aconter, to count up, reckon; see account.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French, agentive of raconter ("to relate, to recount") (Wiktionary)