from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A composer of fables.
- n. A teller of tales; a liar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who writes or tells fables
- n. a liar
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who invents or writes fables.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An inventor or a writer of fables; a fabler; a maker of fictions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who tells or invents fables
French fabuliste, from Latin fābula, fable; see fable.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)