from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One skilled in the theory or construction of machines.
- n. One skilled in building, using, or repairing machines, or who makes machines or tools.
- n. One skilled in mechanics.
- n. A machinist.
- n. A scientifically trained practitioner.
- n. A mechanic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One skilled in the theory or construction of machines; a machinist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is skilled in mechanics or in machinery; one who is versed in the principles of machines or of mechanical construction.
- n. A mechanic; an artisan.
Sorry, no etymologies found.