from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who plays the piano.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who plays the piano, particularly with skill or as part of an orchestra.
- n. A spy using radio or wireless telegraphy to keep in touch with headquarters during the Second World War
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A performer, esp. a skilled performer, on the piano.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A performer on the pianoforte.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who plays the piano
From French pianiste, from Italian pianista. Also pian(o) + -ist. (Wiktionary)