from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling a gallop, especially in rhythm or rapidity.
- adj. Developing or progressing at an accelerated rate: galloping technology.
- adj. Medicine Of or relating to a disease that progresses rapidly toward a fatal conclusion: galloping consumption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of gallop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Going at a gallop; progressing rapidly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The action of a horse that gallops; a running at a gallop.
- Proceeding at a gallop; hence, figuratively, advancing rapidly; making rapid progress: as, a galloping consumption (that is, a consumption that proceeds rapidly to a fatal termination).
Sorry, no etymologies found.