from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or given to doubt; questioning: a skeptical attitude; skeptical of political promises.
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, or expressing doubt; questioning.
- adj. Of or relating to skepticism or the skeptics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, characteristic of, or upholding the method of philosophical skepticism or universal doubt; imbued with or marked by a disposition to question the possibility of real knowledge.
- Disbelieving; mistrustful; doubting: as, a skeptical smile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by or given to doubt
- adj. denying or questioning the tenets of especially a religion
Sorry, no etymologies found.