from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a smooth, shiny, lustrous surface: glossy satin. See Synonyms at sleek.
- adj. Superficially and often speciously attractive; showy: glossy trendsetters.
- n. A photographic print on smooth, shiny paper.
- n. Chiefly British A popular magazine printed on smooth-coated stock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a smooth, silklike, reflective surface.
- n. a glossy magazine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Smooth and shining; reflecting luster from a smooth surface; highly polished; lustrous
- adj. Smooth; specious; plausible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing a gloss; smooth and shining; reflecting luster from a smooth or polished surface.
- Having a fair or specious appearance; plausible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reflecting light
- n. a magazine printed on good quality paper
- adj. (of paper and fabric and leather) having a surface made smooth and glossy especially by pressing between rollers
- n. a photograph that is printed on smooth shiny paper
- adj. superficially attractive and stylish; suggesting wealth or expense
gloss + -y (Wiktionary)