from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A magazine: surfing mags.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. magazine, the publication or ammunition
- n. magnet
- n. mag wheel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Shortened form of magazine, the periodic paperback publication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The madge or magpie.
- n. The long-tailed titmouse, Acredula rosea, more fully called long-tailed mag.
- To chatter; scold.
- To tease or vex.
- n. Talk; chatter.
- n. A halfpenny; in Scotland (with plural), a gratuity expected by servants.
- n. An abbreviated form of magazine, 2.
- To steal; carry off clandestinely.
- n. An abbreviation of magnetism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a periodic publication containing pictures and stories and articles of interest to those who purchase it or subscribe to it
Sorry, no etymologies found.