from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A contact print of a drawing or other image rendered as white lines on a blue background, especially such a print of an architectural plan or technical drawing. Also called cyanotype.
- n. A mechanical drawing produced by any of various similar photographic processes, such as one that creates blue or black lines on a white background.
- n. A detailed plan of action. See Synonyms at plan.
- n. A model or prototype.
- transitive v. To make a blueprint of.
- transitive v. To lay a plan for.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of paper-based reproduction process producing white-on-blue images, used primarily for technical and architecture's drawings, now largely replaced by other technologies.
- n. A print produced with this process.
- n. A detailed technical drawing (now often in some electronically storable and transmissible form).
- n. Any detailed plan, whether literal or figurative.
- v. To make a blueprint for.
- v. To make a detailed operational plan for.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See under print.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something intended as a guide for making something else
- v. make a blueprint of
- n. photographic print of plans or technical drawings etc.
blue + print (Wiktionary)