from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something on which sound or visual images have been recorded.
- n. A recorded sound or picture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of record.
- n. A reproduction of sound and/or video, stored in a permanent medium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Keeping a record or a register; ; -- applied to numerous instruments with an automatic appliance which makes a record of their action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a signal that encodes something (e.g., picture or sound) that has been recorded
- n. a storage device on which information (sounds or images) have been recorded
- n. the act of making a record (especially an audio record)
Sorry, no etymologies found.