from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The extent or degree to which something is observed, analyzed, and reported: complete news coverage of the election.
- n. Inclusion in an insurance policy or protective plan.
- n. The extent of protection afforded by an insurance policy.
- n. The amount of funds reserved to meet liabilities.
- n. The percentage of persons reached by a medium of communication, such as television or a newspaper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An amount by which something or someone is covered.
- n. The amount of space or time given to an event in newspapers or on television
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the range of items covered. Coverage may be small (narrow coverage}, or large (broad coverage or wide coverage).
- n. The aggregate of risks covered by the terms of a contract of insurance.
- n. the state of being insured; insurance.
- n. the areas reached by a radio transmission signal, or group of people reached by a communications medium, such as television or a newspaper.
- n. the range of topics treated in a discourse or document, or the depth to which a subject is discussed.
- n. the news as presented by reporters for newspapers or radio of television.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the extent to which something is covered
- n. the total amount and type of insurance carried
- n. the news as presented by reporters for newspapers or radio or television
cover + -age (Wiktionary)