from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality of being capable; ability.
- n. A talent or ability that has potential for development or use. Often used in the plural: a student of great capabilities.
- n. The capacity to be used, treated, or developed for a specific purpose: nuclear capability.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The power or ability to generate an outcome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being capable; capacity; capableness; esp. intellectual power or ability.
- n. Capacity of being used or improved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being capable; ability to receive, or power to do; capacity of undergoing or of doing; capacity; ability; capableness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment
- n. an aptitude that may be developed
- n. the quality of being capable -- physically or intellectually or legally
Sorry, no etymologies found.