from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being sufficient, adequate or able to meet the needs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being adequate, proportionate, or sufficient; a sufficiency for a particular purpose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being adequate; the condition of being proportionate or sufficient; a sufficiency for a particular purpose: as, the adequacy of supply to expenditure, or of an effort to its purpose; an adequacy of provisions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being able to meet a need satisfactorily:
- n. the quality of being sufficient for the end in view
Sorry, no etymologies found.