from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being objective.
- n. External or material reality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being objective, just, unbiased and not influenced by emotions or personal prejudices
- n. The world as it really is; reality
- n. That which one understands, often, as intellectually, of all and everything, of what is sensed as felt, thereof
- n. That which is perceived to be true to understanding
- n. The object of understanding
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state, quality, or relation of being objective; character of the object or of the objective.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property or state of being objective, in any sense of that word; externality; external reality; universal validity; absorption in external objects. See objective, a.
- n. In psychology, detachment from oneself; independent existence. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. judgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices
Sorry, no etymologies found.