from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pertinence to the matter at hand.
- n. Applicability to social issues: a governmental policy lacking relevance.
- n. Computer Science The capability of a search engine or function to retrieve data appropriate to a user's needs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property or state of being relevant or pertinent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being relevant; pertinency; applicability.
- n. Sufficiency to infer the conclusion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as relevancy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the relation of something to the matter at hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.