from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being similar; resemblance. See Synonyms at likeness.
- n. A corresponding aspect or feature; equivalence: a similarity of writing styles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Closeness of appearance to something else.
- n. The relation of sharing properties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being similar; likeness; resemblance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being similar; likeness; perfect, partial, or general resemblance.
- n. A point or respect in which things are similar.
- n. Synonyms Analogy, correspondence, parity, parallelism.
- n. If the ratio of the densities is varied, the ratio of the living forces of the corresponding units of volume must remain unchanged.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Gestalt principle of organization holding that (other things being equal) parts of a stimulus field that are similar to each other tend to be perceived as belonging together as a unit
- n. the quality of being similar
Sorry, no etymologies found.