from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being intimate.
- n. An instance of being intimate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. feeling or atmosphere of closeness and openness towards someone else, not necessarily involving sexuality
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being intimate; close familiarity or association; nearness in friendship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being intimate; close union or conjunction.
- n. Close familiarity or fellowship; intimate friendship.
- n. Synonyms Familiarity, etc. See acquaintance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship
- n. a feeling of being intimate and belonging together
- n. close or warm friendship
Sorry, no etymologies found.