from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of being prosperous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being prosperous, of having good fortune
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being prosperous; advance or gain in anything good or desirable; successful progress in any business or enterprise; attainment of the object desired; good fortune; success
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being prosperous; good fortune in any business or enterprise; success in respect of anything good or desirable: as, agricultural or commercial prosperity; national prosperity.
- n. Synonyms Good fortune, weal, welfare, well-being. See prosperous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an economic state of growth with rising profits and full employment
- n. the condition of prospering; having good fortune
Sorry, no etymologies found.