from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of mean.
- n. An instrument or condition for attaining a purpose.
- n. Resources; riches.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of mean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See mean, n., 7, 8, 9.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrumentality for accomplishing some end
- n. how a result is obtained or an end is achieved
- n. considerable capital (wealth or income)
See mean. (Wiktionary)