from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The technical skill, fluency, or style exhibited by a virtuoso or a composition.
- n. An appreciation for or interest in fine objects of art.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the technical skills and fluent style of a virtuoso
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being a virtuoso; in a bad sense, the character of one in whom mere artistic feeling or æsthetic cultivation takes the place of religious character; sentimentalism.
- n. Virtuosos, collectively.
- n. An art or study affected by virtuosos.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lovers of the elegant arts collectively; the virtuosi.
- n. In the fine arts, exceptional skill; highly cultivated dexterity; thorough control of technic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. technical skill or fluency or style exhibited by a virtuoso
virtuoso + -ity (“quality of”); the terminal -o drops out. (Wiktionary)