from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Voluntary service based on an individuals' desire to serve a cause.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or enlisting, or the state of being enlisted; voluntary enrollment to serve as a soldier or a sailor.
- n. The writing by which an enlisted man is bound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of enlisting, or the state of being enlisted; the levying of soldiers or sailors by voluntary enrolment.
- n. The writing by which a soldier (other than one who has entered the military service under a commission as an officer) is bound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a period of time spent in military service
- n. the act of enlisting (as in a military service)
Sorry, no etymologies found.