from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or procedure of sterilizing.
- n. The condition of being sterile or sterilized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of treating something to kill or inactivate microorganisms.
- n. A procedure to permanently prevent an organism from reproducing.
- n. an instance of a sterilization procedure
- n. A monetary policy operation used to offset a foreign exchange intervention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of sterilizing, or rendering sterile; also, the state of being sterile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or operation of making sterile; specifically, the process of freeing from living germs. Also spelled sterilisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the procedure of making some object free of live bacteria or other microorganisms (usually by heat or chemical means)
- n. the act of making an organism barren or infertile (unable to reproduce)
Sorry, no etymologies found.