from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The system by which pages are numbered.
- n. The arrangement and number of pages in a book, as noted in a catalog or bibliography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of creating pages for a document, book, etc., or determining when to truncate text on the pages
- n. the act of numbering pages for a document, book, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of paging a book; also, the characters used in numbering the pages; page number.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of paging.
- n. The figures or marks on pages by which their order is indicated and reference to them facilitated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the system of numbering pages
from French pagination (Wiktionary)