from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of consummating; a fulfillment.
- n. An ultimate goal or end.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of consummating, or the state of being consummated; the state of being completed; completion.
- n. The first act of sexual intercourse in a relationship, particularly the first such act following marriage.
- n. The achievement of perfection.
- n. Termination; the end (as of the world or of life).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of consummating, or the state of being consummated; completion; perfection; termination; end (as of the world or of life).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Accomplishment; completion; end; the fulfilment or conclusion of anything: as, the consummation of one's wishes, or of an enterprise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of bringing to completion or fruition
- n. the completion of marriage by sexual intercourse
Sorry, no etymologies found.