from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process or an instance of discharging the menses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The periodic discharging of the menses, the flow of blood and cells from the lining of the uterus in females of humans and other primates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The discharge of the menses; also, the state or the period of menstruating.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of menstruating or discharging the menses.
- n. The period of menstruating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
Sorry, no etymologies found.