from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The resettlement of a group of people
- n. A surgical operation in which an organ is moved from a donor to a recipient; an organ transplant
- n. The uprooting of a tree and planting it in a new location
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of transplanting, or the state of being transplanted; also, removal.
- n. The removal of tissues from a healthy part, and the insertion of them in another place where there is a lesion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of transplanting a living plant or shifting it to new soil.
- n. The removal of an inhabitant or the inhabitants of one place or region to a different one for residence; also, the persons so removed.
- n. In surgery, the removal of living tissue from one part of the body to another, or from one individual to another, to supply a part that has been lost or to lessen a deformity, as in the Taliacotian operation.
- n. A pretended method of curing any disease by making it pass from the sick person to another person, or even to an animal or a vegetable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an operation moving an organ from one organism (the donor) to another (the recipient)
- n. the act of removing something from one location and introducing it in another location
Sorry, no etymologies found.