from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of fabricating, framing, or constructing; construction; manufacture
- n. That which is fabricated; a falsehood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of fabricating, framing, or constructing; construction; manufacture.
- n. That which is fabricated; a falsehood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of framing or constructing; construction; formation; manufacture.
- n. The act of devising or contriving falsely; fictitious invention; forgery: as, the fabrication of testimony; the fabrication of a report.
- n. That which is fabricated; especially, a falsely contrived representation or statement; a falsehood: as, the story is a fabrication.
- n. Synonyms Fiction, figment, invention, fable, forgery, coinage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of making something (a product) from raw materials
- n. the act of constructing something (as a piece of machinery)
- n. writing in a fictional form
- n. the deliberate act of deviating from the truth
- n. a deliberately false or improbable account
Sorry, no etymologies found.