from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of perverting.
- n. The state of being perverted.
- n. A sexual practice or act considered abnormal or deviant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of perverting someone or something; humiliation; debasement.
- n. The state of being perverted; depravity; viciousness.
- n. A sexual practice or act considered abnormal; sexual deviance; immorality.
- n. An instance of such abnormal activity or behaviour; rape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of perverting, or the state of being perverted; a turning from truth or right; a diverting from the true intent or object; a change to something worse; a turning or applying to a wrong end or use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of perverting; a turning from truth or propriety; a diverting from the true intent or object; change to something worse.
- n. In mathematics, the operation of passing from any figure to another like the image of the former in a plane mirror; also, same as perverse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of perverting something (turning it to a wrong use)
- n. an aberrant sexual practice
- n. a curve that reverses the direction of something
From Latin perversio, from pervertere ("corrupt") (Wiktionary)