from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of debasing or the state of being debased; a lowering, especially in character or quality.
- n. The lowering of the value of a currency by reducing the amount of valuable metal in the coins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of debasing or the state of being debased.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of debasing, or the state of being debased.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. being mixed with extraneous material; the product of adulterating
- n. changing to a lower state (a less respected state)
debase + -ment (Wiktionary)