from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of placing or arranging.
- n. The state of being placed or arranged.
- n. The finding of suitable accommodation or employment for applicants.
- n. Assignment of students to appropriate classes or programs.
- n. Football The setting of the ball in position for a place kick.
- n. Football A place kick.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of placing or putting in place; the act of locating or positioning; the state of being placed.
- n. A location or position.
- n. The act of matching a person with a job
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of placing, or the state of being placed.
- n. Position; place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A putting, placing, or setting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the spatial property of the way in which something is placed
- n. contact established between applicants and prospective employees
- n. the act of putting something in a certain place
From place + -ment (Wiktionary)